The vision of the Ancient-Future Faith Network (AFFN) is to grow and facilitate a grassroots network of like-minded Christian individuals and churches— Evangelicals with a longing to return to classic Christian orthodoxy, orthopraxy, and a hunger for renewal in the worship and spirituality of the church.
At its core is Bob Webber’s 2006 “Call to an Ancient-Evangelical Future.” We also confess the historic, orthodox faith of the Christian church as testified to by the Holy Scriptures, faithfully handed down by the apostles, and valiantly defended by the Fathers, most especially in the ancient ecumencial Creeds. But the association is not so much about doctrinal bona fides as it is about mutual encouragement and resourcing. The very heart of the Network is its members. Our desire is that members will find in this virtual community of faith a vibrant place for interaction.
- Is purposefully ecumenical and non-denominational.
- Exists for the purpose of championing and promulgating a Christian Ancient-Future theology and philosophy.
- Is open to men and women around the world— both ministers and lay persons— inside and outside of established churches who are interested in worship renewal and what it means to be Ancient-Future.
- Exists for established churches, and people who serve them, who want access to Ancient-Future materials, resources, and ideas, and want to learn from, share, and collaborate with those who are using them.
- Exists for brand new church starts, and those called to start them, who need a network of encouraging, like-minded communities of faith.
- Promotes and coordinate conferences, workshops, and offer appropriate resources and materials consistent with the mission of the AFFN.
The Network is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and is led by a Board of Directors. The AFFN has recently expanded the leadership to include an Advisory Board headed up by Network member Ron Richardson and its advisors will be drawn from members. Apart from serving in a general advisory capacity, the panel will also help reach out to, resource, and support incoming members.